Sunday, May 19, 2013

Dolly & dip-dye

It occurred to me that I haven't even shown the things I bought months ago in Grimoire :o

As you may have noticed if you follow my tumblr, I've fallen head over heels in love with Dolly Kei. In February I made a trip to Tokyo and visited the Grimoire shop. Although it's on the expensive side for vintage clothing, I love their shop concept and the way they've made the style popular, so I don't mind to support them by buying some overpriced things (which are lovely either way).
Of course I had to have the Verum tights which you've already seeen, but I bought a belt & skirt as well as a dress.

 
The skirt and belt I bought (with Meruco <3)

 
The dress. My mom says it could be from the 20's but I'm more inclined to think hippie-70's... Either way it's been worn a lot but I love it.

 
Bit hard to see but the hat has a ribbon on the side.

If you think: 'Hey, the tip of that lock of hair is suspiciously pink', then you're right. I dip-dyed my hair again, this time by myself, but to be honest it turned out a LOT darker and brighter than I had planned. It looks cool and I've gotten lots of compliments already, so I don't really mind, but I do have to get used to it. It's just so bright! More suited for rocker-style than for dolly-kei... I hope it will soon fade to the pastel pink I had in mind. Here's a picture of me today to show you :)
 
I find it so hard to position the camera, it always cuts off either my head or my feet...
 
I'm totally in the mood for outfit pictures so hopefully I'll be able to put some up soon :) But first I'm off to karaoke with some friends. See you later!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, that dress is so pretty! It definitely has a 20's feel with the cut but the color and embellishments also scream hippy to me. Very cool either way!

    ReplyDelete