Thursday, May 30, 2013

Rainy days

The rainy season has officially started. As a Dutch girl I'm used to rain, but I can't say I like it! And Japanese rain is a lot more overwhelming than the usual Dutch drizzle. The season will continue for about a month and after that it'll still be hot and humid. Not ideal weather for fashionlovers, but we'll have to make do with it...

The Japanese are completely adapted to the rain in this time of the year. Umbrella's are everywhere, but when the rain is heavy your feet get wet too. A lot of people just stop caring and wear crocs, but I won't give in to that! Besides, in open crocs your feet will still get wet and I hate that. There are a lot of cute rain boots being sold, but most of them are sooo expensive... Of course I wanted the pink ones with polka dots but they're more than 5000 yen. I'm only going to wear them until the rain stops again, so I just don't want to spend too much money on them. These were the cutest ones I could find for under 2000 yen. I would've preferred higher ones, but they have ribbons so it's alright. Ribbons make everything alright.

(They're secretly from the old ladies' department, shh!)
Here's my outfit for today. Just for class, nothing fancy. The rain makes it cooler so tights can be worn, but I don't think it'll stay that way. Every day is hotter than the previous one.
Also, I got my fringe cut. The hairdresser absolutely loved my dip dye :)


it has pockets!



 
 These see-through umbrellas are also ubiquitous. They're super convenient and cheap, only 250 yen in the Daiso!  
 

And well... Because I'm vain I don't want to wear my glasses in pictures, but this is what I actually looked like :p

1 comment:

  1. I think these boots fit your outfit really well. ^^ And yes, ribbons make everything better!

    ReplyDelete